New version of LS-DYNA is released for all common platforms.
The release provides various bug-fixes and extensions.
- Fixed material type 4 when used with tetrahedral element type 16.
- Fixed problem with material 58 and output of strains if EC is defined as zero.
- Fixed problem with viscoelastic material type 65 when a zero failure strain was input.
*INCLUDE_TRANSFORM when used with material type 76.
- Fixed material 83 when large load curve numbers were used.
- Fixed timestep calculation for material 106.
- Added solid element material 155.
- Added edge treatment for eroding contact.
- Fixed 2D automatic contact pressure calculation for ncforc output. Before fix, inplane rather than outofplane thickness was used to evaluate the tributary area so pressure magnitudes were wrong.
- Use the true outofplane thickness of 3D shell sections when used with 2D automatic contact. Previously, a unit thickness was assumed because the use of 3D elements in 2D analysis was not anticipated.
- Improved convergence of implicit 2D automatic contact when thesliding option is active.
- Fixed memory reallocation error during thick element check for segment based contact. This error could cause a segmentation fault during initialization for data with thick shell segments.
- Fixed the sliding option of segment based contact when used with triangular segments.
- Fixed tied nodes with failure when used with triangular elements so that incorrect error message is not written.
- Fixed 3d adaptivity.
- Fixed 2d adaptive dynain corruption problem.
- Fixed problem with stiffness damping and adaptivity.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect IDs of sliding interfaces during adaptivity when interface IDs were assigned automatically.
- Fixed LSDA/binout output of swforc file data in the case where there are both solid and beam spotwelds.
- Fixed bug in writing d3thdt
- Fixed energy balance in glstat when running implicit.
- Fixed writing of beam reference nodes to d3eigv.
- Added option in
*CONTROL_CPU to output cpu/elapsed time in glstat file
- Fixed writing d3eigv if the model contains any thick shell elements.
- Fixed missing SBTOUT file in restart run
- Fixed deformable to rigid switching in full deck restart.
- Fixed full deck restart with solid element that use stiffness type hourglass control.
- Fixed restart with rubber materials.
- Fixed a memory error when using
- Fixed the shear stress update in fully integrated solid elements when
- the objective stress update (
*CONTROL_ACCURACY) was used. The error was significant only after multiple rotations of the element.
- Fixed the shear stress update in foam and rubber materials when the objective strses update (
*CONTROL_ACCURACY) was used with the incremental update of the F matrix (
*CONTROL_SOLID). The error was significant only after multiple rotations of the element.
- Fixed load curve discretization to ensure that if the curve is symmetric, then the discretization is symmetric.
- Fixed insufficient format field for pressure Boundary Condition Cards from Shell Elements
- Fix ALE reference system 4.
- Move final call to network security to make sure license gets released. Some exit paths were missing this, causing the license to be held by the server after the program terminated.
- Fixed bug related to qlo and qhi activation angles for shoulder abduction in all
- Added an error termination if implicit solid elements are used with viscous hourglass control. Automatically switching was not an option since the memory for history variables was not allocated.
- Fixed error in coarsening in springback run.
- Fixed negative volume calculation to erode solid elements.
- Fixed load curve conversion to internal id for
- Improved error termination of a missing
- Fixed locking joint when Lagrange multipliers are used.
- Fixed include_transform bug related to initial velocities.
- Fixed include_transform problem related to nodal rigid bodies.
- Fixed erroneous error termination with cable elements.
- Fixed problem with
*CONSTRAINED_NODE_SET related to airbag deployme
- Fixed bug for type 5 pretensioners if
LMTFRC is set to 0.
- Fixed type 26 contact when a processor has no segments but does have beams. (MPP only)
- Fixed an indexing problem that could cause a segmentation fault in adaptive problems that have single surface contacts. (MPP only)
- Fixed two problems with contact history getting lost during MPP adaptivity, which resulted in dimples/lumps in the final surface. (MPP only)
- Fixed possible failure of MPP contact when
*DAMPING_PART_MASS was used.
- Fixed MPP surface to surface and node to surface contacts to honor the
- Fixed segmentation fault during initialization of MPP segment based eroding single surface contact when the contact definition includes shell elements that are thick relative to edge length.
- Fixed problem with
*DELETE_CONTACT option (MPP only). When the contact to be deleted was not in the processor 0, the delete info was not be output to the d3hsp01.
- Fixed some roundoff related drawbead force problems. (MPP only)
- Added MPP support for user input
PARMAX to increase the searching area to get more chances to find a segment to tie the slave node. Now, it ties as much node as SMP does. (MPP only)
- Fixed likely segmentation fault during phase 1 when the mpp Alpha executable was run with the segment based sliding option active (MPP only).
- Added support for Joint_failure cards (MPP only)
- Fixed MPP input phase memory error that occurred when any of the following conditions existed:
TSLIMT is nonzero and/or DT2MS is nonzero, and either
*DAMPING_PART_POROSITY was used.
SHGE=2 to request shell element energy output.
3 to output shell element mass, added mass, or time step size.
- Fixed a forming springback readin problem (MPP only)
- Fixed energy reported for sliding energy (MPP only)
- Fixed a problem of MPP bombing when trying to read in flexible rigid bodies.
- Fixed rigid body IDs in lsda RBDOUT file (MPP only). “ignore” option for nodes in rigid bodies and nodes involved in tied interfaces.
- Fixed memory problem causing crashes for SPH that occurred in previous release (MPP only)
- Enabled MPP version to shutdown cleanly (with complete d3plot) on some synchronized error terminations (mass increase, negative volume, energy ratio).