Equivalent knowledge to an introductory class in LS-DYNA® is recommended.
This class provides an introduction to using the topology optimization and shape computation code, LS-TaSC, for design. It covers both the theoretical concepts and practical aspects of topology optimization. The course includes workshop sessions in which the theoretical topics are applied. The LS-TaSC graphical user interface is used to teach input preparation and post-processing.
- Introduction to topology optimization using industrial examples
- LS-TaSC features
- Optimization formulation
- SIMP penalization
- Global and local optimization
- Design filtering
- Constrained optimization using multi-point method
- Termination criteria
- Setting up and running a simple topology optimization example
- Design parts with solid and shell elements
- Topology optimization using multiple load cases and multiple parts
- Free surface design
- Post-processing results